Monday, June 30, 2008

July 1 ... big day coming!



Tomorrow, July 1, is our debut in the Artisans of Mancos gallery, my very good renter is leaving, new (I hope equally good) tenants are moving in and I go to the slice-and-dice shop before dawn. What more auspicious sign to have on the evening before all this is set in motion than a bright rainbow, spanning the east side of the Mancos Valley from north to south. 

I frivoled away the day at a SWOS board retreat, but Sandy organized our artists' co-op material and got it ready so that we were able to get it all in place in a couple of hours this evening. The pictures above show our two wall panels of framed art, plus the small and large rotating card racks that display both photo cards and matted prints. I think it makes for a pretty credible debut, thanks to Sandy's hard work. We're both trying some new things, both in terms of subject matter and format, so it's exciting. 

I may not be blogging for a couple of days, so see ya later! tv

No comments: