Monday, June 9, 2008

Great news!


We just got a call notifying us that we have been accepted as members of the Artisans of Mancos arts co-op, with a gallery located in the historic Bauer Bank Building, exactly in the heart of Mancos! It's the big stone building in the background of this Mancos Days parade shot, right at the intersection of Main and Grand.

We're excited! This gives us a venue in a good location (next door to the Absolute Bakery & Café, which has a big regional clientele) that will enable (and encourage) us to branch out from cards to framed prints and plastic-wrapped matted prints in larger sizes. We have to mind the shop about three half-days a month ... not at all an onerous task! (Go to www.artisansofmancos.com for more about the co-op.)

Our membership begins July 1, so we will be there for Mancos Days the last weekend in July, which should be good exposure (and maybe sales!). 

I've been a fan of the co-op ever since it opened, and a big supporter, both in the paper and with my limited purchases. Never did I dream of being a member ... that's directly the result of the support and encouragement and mutual interest of my partner in FeVa Fotos ... Sandy. Life is exciting for these teenagers in their sixties! tv

2 comments:

Reddwritinghood said...

Tom and Sandy, I just found out about your blog site, and I think it's wonderful! I admire your tenacity in keeping it up...and it's a great chronology of your lives. You are two very special people. Keep up the good work!
And...congrats on getting into the Co-op!! I know it will be fun for you!
Jeanne

TOM VAUGHAN & SANDY FEUTZ said...

Thanks, Redd ... I've always like hippies; guess I'm kind of what Newsweek called a "paleo-hippie" myself. tv