Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mancos Opera House Rocks! 2nd edition!

Somehow,for reasons unknown to me, and always puzzling , the last blog posting was unwilling to allow me to put any commentary with the pictures that I uploaded.  The mysteries of life(and blogging)!

We were delighted to attend the Southwest Open School Annual Prom last night at the Mancos Opera House.  The students are always a delight and although the music was somehow unrecognizable to our generation, the dancing and interaction with the attendees is without a doubt entertaining.   We always take some pictures to pass on to the school but last night there were so many cameras flashing I don't know if ours will be needed.

Tom is on the school board of SWOS alternative school and the accomplishments of both the school and the students continues to pull at our heart strings. . . . It was a fun event last night! And since we faded and took ourselves home shortly after  9 PM , I am sure the evening was just getting started. Festive decorations,too.  I think I saw the old Opera House "smiling" to be so well used!  sf

No comments: