Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's warm here!

I won't try to upload pics over this dial-up connection ... ssslllloooooowwwww! Not the pictures of the bank sign showing it was 91 degrees yesterday evening at 7:35 in Chandler. Not the picture of the dog resting in the shade of an old Route 66 service station. Not the picture of Sandy in front of Gar Wooly's steak place in Davenport, OK, where we went out to supper for our first date almost 2 1/2 years ago and where we went back for a repeat last night (this time I didn't chauvinistically place her order for her ... and order the wrong thing! I musta been nervous on that first date!).

We celebrated Sandy's daughter Heidi's birthday Tuesday with a pizza party, then went to downtown Chandler to enjoy the evening among the old buildings. Sandy and Heidi went out to lunch yesterday and then Sandy and I went to Gar Wooly's last night to celebrate her birthday. Then we went downtown again and enjoyed another evening stroll. Later, when I have wi-fi again, I'll post the pic I got of the "Last Ride Motorcycle Hearse" as it cruised through town!

Today we'll probably travel to the nearby town where Sandy grew up, maybe visit the Route 66 museum in Chandler and tend to odds and ends around the house. tv

No comments: