Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Dove

This beautiful dove appeared in our front yard  yesterday afternoon.  It had been snowing since morning   and the sky was grey and forecasting more storms rolling in.   Was it by chance that the sun broke though and shone brightly during the time that  this symbol of peace and love appeared and lingered on Easter Eve Day?   Were we being reminded  of what our life should be about?   I don't know the answers.  But it was food for thought, for me.   Happy Easter friends. May I wish you peace and love. :)  sf

2 comments:

The Retired One said...

Gorgeous!! Just gorgeous! I LOVE Doves, and have never had the opportunity to see a white one! If I saw one in my yard, I would really believe it was a "sign" or a loved one that has passed stopping to say hi...
Are they common in your area?

The Retirement Chronicles

sfeutz said...

That was the first that I have seen in the yard here. We had snow on the ground again and it was very cautious but waiting to go to the bird feeder. I do not think that they are common to this area. I thought it "special"! We attend Quaker silent worship and during the quiet this morning I was thinking of all of the symbolism with Easter,peace,love. .