Saturday, July 5, 2008

My own bed

After several nights in the hospital, it sure is nice to be back sleeping in my own bed again! Nobody checking vitals every three hours, poking pills down me, etc. Just a nice, big, soft bed with a gentle breeze from the window at the head of the bed and a gentle squeeze from the lady at my side ... wonderful!

And it's all coming together nicely ... the decision made years ago to have an accessible house is paying off now. No rugs to trip on with my walker, no narrow spaces to squeeze through, no steps to go up and down, etc. 

The handcrafted wooden chair Sandy brought back from OK is a perfect fit with the coffee table for me to have the CPM machine on; keeps me strapped down and out of mischief in a convenient location for several hours at a time.

I'm going to regret not being able to go with Sandy to the co-op this afternoon for our first shift working there. I'll be off the machine and using the walker around the house for that period ... safer than being strapped in when I have a sudden need to get to the bathroom quickly. Still not quite mobile enough to go with her for the afternoon; maybe next time.

My temperature's been staying down, too, so I think that's under control. I tested the limits of the pain while doing exercises last night ... it was bearable, but tiring. So, now I know when to take the meds, and I really don't think I'll use the prescription meds for more than a couple more days. 

So, things are going well, so far. I'm not getting any new pictures taken, but maybe I can use some of this time of limited mobility to clear out hard drive memory by downloading pics to discs, plus catch up on some reading. tv

No comments: