Friday, July 25, 2008

Recovery

I had my stitches taken out Wednesday (no pics, sorry ;-}), and the surgeon said I'm about a month ahead of schedule on my recovery. Yesterday, my physical therapist cranked my knee back to 130 degrees, a new high. I'm mostly walking without a cane now, but there's still quite a bit of discomfort (like a deep, deep bruise in the calf and thigh) and sleep is still difficult. However, I'm off the prescription meds and generally doing well. I've regained mobility enough that I can do things to be distracted from the leg, which helps.

Spent hours on the phone yesterday, interviewing applicants for the job of exec. dir. of the Mesa Verde Museum Association, and have a couple more hours to go this morning. I hate being on the phone almost as much as I hate to write! However, we're nearing the end and it's a joy to have good candidates to choose among.

I can go in the pool now, but we've agreed to hold off until Sunday afternoon and make it part of the big sigh of relief after Mancos Days is over. Today is the first day of Mancos Days, and it ends Sunday noon. Lots going on that we want to participate in and/or photograph, as well as the silent auction and open house at the Artisans of Mancos. Sandy got everything set up last night, and it's gratifying what the artists have come forward with ... well over $500 worth of items, in a variety of media and price ranges. We hope lots of folks will visit the gallery, bid on items and return to check their bids ... and maybe buy something. Artisans of Mancos gets nice exposure with relatively little effort, and half the amount paid goes to the building fund for the new library.

Sandy awakened me this morning with a nudge to look out the bedroom window at the doe standing a few yards away. It's a delight to see the deer come through the yard on their morning graze (on one of those grazes, unfortunately, they nibbled off the geranium blooms in a planter). tv

No comments: