Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunset. . Sunrise


Well, almost sunrise. . . early morning this morning at Tom's favorite breakfast spot , the Bakery. . . . . . We are having spectacular color shows every evening as the thunder boomers roll into the valley, so late yesterday I thought I would bring my sweetie a sunset since he was not in the mood to go outside . With the aid of digital photography , it was easy to snap the picture and bring the sunset to him! This morning he took me up on the suggestion of having breakfast at the bakery, via their sidewalk dining. It was good for both of us to see people we knew, and Sandy (the worrier) could verify that I hadn't messed up anything in my first shift at the Artisans Co-op which is next door to The Bakery. At the Artist Co-op yesterday afternoon I was looking for the "Candid Camera" as the first customer wanted an item with that had no price on it and the next had a shelf fall and caught a piece of pottery mid air. It was an interesting solo flight for me at tending the shop!

Tom is doing very well with his recovery, being very independent about the "I'd rather do it myself!" thing. So I am kind of on stand by for when he needs some assistance, which surprisingly isn't often. He is being good about his exercises that he is to do at home and starts with regular physical therapy tomorrow. We saw in the hospital what the experts in that field can do. I am sure that there are many challenges ahead in his recovery but also sure that he has that amazing determination to do what must be done. sf

No comments: