Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Update

What's the significance of the pic of the thermal pool from Yellowstone a month ago? That I'm in hot water? That I'm utterly transparent? Your guess; just thought it would be nice to add an image.

It's nice to have wi-fi in room 219 here at Mercy Hospital in Durango, but it's sanitized. That means I'm blocked from my regular Google desktop screen (which also seems to mean I can't access my gmail site; gmail buddies will need to use the wt@fone.net address) and the Washington Post Web site (so I can't read Froomkin's White House Watch blog). Plus, I have an oxygen uptake thingy clamped to my right index finger (reducing me to hunt-and-poke, which I haven't done in about 50 years!) and the laptop is a moving target, because the lap on which it rests is constantly folding and flattening with the actions of the perpetual motion machine my right leg is in. My number is (970) 764-3019.

Last night, as we were working late at home, we heard a clatter on the portico outside the kitchen window. Didn't check it then, but could see this morning that a bear had tipped over a plastic tub and removed a bag with about 20 pounds of black sunflower seeds! A bear did the same thing about a year ago, when the bag weighed 50 pounds! tv

No comments: