Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Second day

So, it's 4:20 a.m., and I've already had blood drawn (having failed in my attempt to extort coffee in exchange!), wrote a love note to Sandy and am waiting for the meds to take hold before they put the rock-n-roll device back on my leg ... what t0 do? Blog, of course!

No pics this time; I'll inflict the one I took of my beautiful, wrapped leg after I have more mobility and can get at the download device. (Unless the consensus of unpopular response argues against such a posting.)

Allegedly, the sweet physical therapist of yesterday will return in her dominatrix persona this morning and we'll walk a block or two to her lair furnished with the latest models of torture equipment, there to be put through her obedience tests. Control of eliminatory functions will be returned to me this morning, too (probably not with the sort of change-of-command pomp the military uses!). I'm hoping there will be coffee in it for me somewhere along the way. I know Sandy will save me from caffeine withdrawal when she comes over!

As readers can tell, I'm as full of it as ever ... probably even more so, in some ways. I think the anesthesiae are fully worn off, and the reality of what has happened to this 67-year-old body is making itself known. Didn't get more than a few hours' sleep, so I'll probably try to catnap through the day. I'm also getting the timing down on requesting preventive pain meds far enough ahead of time that they kick in before the pain really hits. 

All in all, I think I'm doing fine and am still eagerly looking forward to being recovered and able to do many more things with my loving partner!

Time to see if MSNBC's "Morning Joe" is awake yet. tv

No comments: