Thursday, May 7, 2009

Monday, Monday, Monday ...

How can one week have so many Mondays? I hope Wednesday truly was "hump day," cuz I'm tuckered out and still have full calendars today and tomorrow!

Ever have one of those days where it feels like you stepped on a banana peel in the morning and just kept sliding the whole day long? I feel like I've had three banana peel days in a row.

So. Enough whining! It was a lovely, still 45 degrees under a totally clear sky when Scooby Doo and I took our dawn stroll ... can't complain about that. 

There's at least six hummingbirds drinking breakfast at the feeder on the portico right now; great to see them back. I was going to have the feeder hung out May 1, but a search of the house did not reveal the secure but as yet unremembered place where I put the feeders at the end of last season. Ah, the joys of senility! In the meantime, the little slurpers were hovering outside the windows, looking in and sending messages, "Hey, where's the syrup? We're baaaack! Get with it, Tom!" Amazing how they know where the sucker lives and come back for more each year! tv

No comments: