Monday, November 30, 2009

Memories, again



When we were touring western Nevada, I was fascinated by the logging operation we happened onto near the historic Bower House, north of Carson City. There was a helicopter hoisting cut trees, two at a time, off the mountainside behind the Bower House and dropping them in a pile just north of the historic site. Each round trip took less than 10 minutes ... pretty quick turnaround!

Checking out the registration number on the helicopter, I found that this particular Kaman Huskie was built in 1958, the year I graduated from high school. Only a few years before then, I was still hooking the chain around pulpwood logs we were dragging out of the northern Wisconsin winter woods with horses. By the time I was in late high school, Dad had an old Oliver tracked vehicle that we used to drag logs out of the swamps.

What a difference in technology! tv

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do I know about your blog? Part due to the random, partly because Facebook has brought me to your blog. I found your blog very nice and why you do not use Facebook to search for or share. I think you should register a facebook account to let people find your blog great. Sign up for Facebook here . If you already have a facebook account then, please sign in to see your blog I found how. Facebook login here.
This is my blog : Blog for you