Monday, March 30, 2009

Long day


Long, cold, windy day. Left home in Mancos at about dawn, tucked it in in Kearney, NE, a little short of my goal, Grand Island. The roads were worst in Mancos and on Wolf Creek Pass. Otherwise, sunny but cold and windy!

No stopping for pictures; the one posted is a drive-by shot of Blanca Peak, near Alamosa.

Found a good deal at a Days Inn, ate at the Perkins next door, enjoyed the hotel spa and now to bed! On the road early again tomorrow ... shouldn't be quite as long a day getting into Wausau. Attend Jane Vaughn's funeral Wednesday, and then reverse the trek. Lonely! tv

1 comment:

The Retired One said...

Hi,
Stopped by your blog via Cathy Clement's suggestion...and I added on as a follower to your blog..I am just starting into photography too, so when she recommended your blog, I had to check it out! I follow her blog too..I am a YOOPER living in Michigamme, Michigan in a log home on the lake.
Feel free to stop by my blog called The Retirement Chronicles at http://myretirementchronicles.blogspot.com
and if you like it, please join on as a Follower too...
it will be like a YOOPER reunion! ha