Thursday, August 14, 2008

We Did the Alpine Loop and I Only Screamed Once!


What a fantastic two days!  I feel like I have been to the top of the world and back.  Frightening for me as I get anxious on a high step ladder and this was mostly two track roads with no railings!  Tom had traveled the roads before and it was evident he knew how to do it so I just took  a few deep breaths,sat back and enjoyed the views.  We returned to Mancos  with hundreds of pictures to sort through for our photography business and memories of majestic mountains, fields of wild flowers , ruins of old mines and towns of days gone by and the friendly people that you only find in small towns.  It was good to be home but the journey to the other side of the mountains and back  genuinely was the reward!  sf

No comments: