Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's A Jungle Out There!

Well, maybe not a jungle but a zoo, yes!  And these were just a few of the critters that I have been able to persuade to slow down enough to have their pictures taken.  The beautiful young deer was caught "tourist watching" at Mesa Verde.  This cute threesome of donkeys are part of a small herd that I have been visiting regularly and getting some interesting shots.(One of a young one nursing and another of the leader of the pack not so elegantly relieving himself!)  They really just like me for my carrots and apples that I share with them, but I enjoy donkeys and have a pair of real cuties in  a favorite photo on display in a gallery in Durango.   The turkey picture was taken out the front window.  Turkeys in the front yard was a novelty, and now is an everyday occurrence , the flock growing larger and rowdier every day.   I am amazed at how well they fly for a large bird. We had one on the roof of the house this morning.
It's been fun!SF


No comments: