Thursday, December 27, 2007

BRRR! It's a cold night in Amarillo!

We drove into Amarillo through a cold fog and a Texas welcome of light blowing snow. . .  far  from
the warmth of the Corpus Christi Bay where I had photographed my fine feathered friend  sunning himself (or herself, I don't know how you tell with pelicans :)   ) under blue cloudless skies.  Tom and I and Scooby-Doo , my notorious Doxie, settled into a lovely Comfort Inn  in the early evening tonight and are anticipating clear skies for the final leg of our December journey.We are real optimists, aren't we!  We left Mancos on December 5th and have been within a few miles of the Canadian border and as far south as the Gulf coast, so it has been quite a trip and full of great memories.   It was so good to see so many old friends and family in our travels.   Thank you to those of you that welcomed us with your good company, good food and/or a stay in your guest room.  It's been quite a trip!  So what, my Christmas Cards haven't been mailed yet. . . you have heard of New Years Cards haven't you. . . . or Valentine's Day is soon. . but guess the Santas  on the cards wouldn't work for that ...oh,well, I'll be home soon  and figure it out. . . Best wishes to all. . SF

No comments: