Friday, July 31, 2009

We took a drive to the Dolores Farmers Market for the first time Wednesday night and ended up behind a cattle drive. We came home with a nice variety of fruits and veggies from the market and I took a few pictures of cows and drivers as Tom made his way through the four legged traffic jam! Speaking of jam, yesterday's project was turning some apricot/peach(peachacots?,aprieach?) fruit into jam and today using the rest of to make a homemade pie or cobbler. Hope it all turns out ok. I felt all thumbs at making the jam. Guess I just don't do it often enough. And I ended up with a very "sticky "kitchen! Thanks to Tom's help with cleanup the kitchen has recovered. Today is a trip to the county fair and the Country Gold Concert tonight. We have enjoyed the concert the last couple of years and I'm looking forward to it again. Ah, summer in Mancos. . It's fun and goes too fast! sf

No comments: