Monday, July 27, 2009

Meet Alexander



Isn't he adorable! Alexander is a baby camel that lives a few miles up the road from us. Unfortunately Alex's mother died while birthing him and he is having to be bottle fed. The owner also had both parents but, as I understand the story, after Alex's mother died the male camel attacked Alex and was trying to kill him so the owners felt they had to rid themselves of the raging father camel. I had photographed both of Alex's parents several times and was particularly fond of Kahn, the male camel. He was so friendly and personable with me, I am sad to pass the field where Kahn lived and not see him there. But then I think baby Alexander is going to be a real charmer! sf

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As charming as TV? (0;

The Retired One said...

I hear they smell awful...but he sure is cute!

sfeutz said...

I am going back and "sniff" him. . . I'll let you know! The adult male one did spit at me once. He missed, and I think he meant it affectionately! But then I'm a positive thinker. . sf