Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another sunny day



'Twas a beautiful, clear dawn yesterday, as this one is dawning, and we took Scooby Doo and went on a pre-breakfast safari to the Cedar Mesa subdivision on the west side of the Mancos Valley. Partly, it was to check out the view of dawn on the Sleeping Ute; partly for the view of Point Lookout (shown). 

But, as always, we found lots of other things to attract our lenses ... trees, bushes, etc. It was crisp and brisk, but a nice outing.

I made a dash to Durango in the afternoon ... I've been hearing voices intermittently in my right ear. (No, not aliens ... my right hearing aid was cutting in and out!) So, the audiologist waved did a little cleaning and repair and I hear in stereo again.

Last night we ventured out to the Absolute Bakery for "open mike night," featuring readings by new Mancos Valley neighbor Christina Nealson, along with others. We haven't taken this in before, but we enjoyed it. Not a lot of folks there, as you can see, but it's an easy, friendly ambience. Bakery owner David Blaine read some of his reminiscences as a Peace Corps volunteer in Chad, and I learned a lot I hadn't known about that African nation. tv

No comments: