Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mancos Mix



The bottom picture is of the New Year Eve's full moon rising on the horizon outside of Mancos. Then on the outskirts of Mancos and on our way to Cortez we snapped a few pictures of some yaks that are sharing a field with cows and horses. We have tried before and these creatures just are not photogenic! We were delighted to find my friend Alexander the camel hanging out in the front of his pasture and even seemed glad for the company. Alexander is a ham, I think as he always seems to strut and pose for the camera. I thought he was particularly handsome is his heavy winter coat! Just never know what you are going to find around and about Mancos. Happy New Year all. . sf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that moon shot is wonderful!!! Was it a time lapse (sort of)??

sfeutz said...

Hi Cathy-The moon shot I took out of the car window with my handheld camera. It is using the zoom but I too am surprised that it is that clear! We were leaving for a New Year's Eve dinnner party at about 5:45 and started down the drive way and the moon was coming up. Did not even get out of the car! Lucky shot, eh? Happy New Year to you and Dan.