Thursday, February 19, 2009

Testing the Zoom!




It's kind of a mix of pictures today.   I've been playing with my new toy!  I am trying the zoom and macro and super macro etc etc.  Fun!  The top picture is a collection of pottery shards from and outlying and rarely visited Chaco site.  Unlike the frequently visited ruins , the pieces of ancient pottery were everywhere.   You are not suppose to take them or move them, but someone had assembled the group in the picture.It was quite a drive out there but well worth it!  
Many of you will recognize "Her Highness", Miss Sophie.  She's a ham for the camera and has the most human eyes I have ever seen on a cat.  When I have eye contact with Sophie I really feel there is a soul of sorts in there.  Maybe a kitty soul, but it's there! 
 And also I tried a real close up on some cut flowers. The center of a flower can be such a work of nature's art! I can hardly wait for the Colorado wildflowers to bloom . Guess the snow will have to melt first. :)   
The last shot really surprised me.  I have had little success at moon shots.  This one was taken with the zoom plus the telephoto which took it to 80 X  !   It had me checking out the craters and looking for the little green men!   sf

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sophie is such a HAM for the camera!! Darling picture of Her Royal Kittiness! The moon photo is fantastic - I'm thinking some CIA men in black will be knocking on your door, concerned about "world secrets" your new camera might uncover!! Sister Vel