Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bright, beautiful ... and cold!




The temperature was moderate for our predawn walk (15 degrees), but the wind coming down from the La Platas to the east was cold!

Scooby Doo's answer is to take a nap, while keeping an eye on me. Actually, before Sandy gets up, she snuggles up against my thigh on the couch under a throw after our morning outing, warming both of us. I guess I'm okay when her Mommy's not around. It's interesting that the renter comes out and warms up his car and goes to work ... not a peep! But, when Sandy is up, any noise from outside is greeted with bark, bark, bark, bark, growl, bark, bark, bark ... . Guess the dachsigator's job in life is to protect Sandy!

Last night I went to the town board meeting to show support as part of the Mancos High School Centennial Committee; Superintendent Brian Hanson (who was my kids' math teacher 20 years ago) made the presentation about the events planned to celebrate the centennial of the oldest continuously-operating high school in Colorado.

That was the first time I've attended a town board meeting since I left the paper on May 31, 2006. Don't miss it a bit! Meetings start at 7, we were second on the list of agenda items and got out at 8 ... so glad we weren't number 12 on the agenda! tv

No comments: