Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bluff and Beyond






What a great weekend!  My first visit to this beautiful area, so close and so much to see.  Bluff is a friendly, historic small town.  Valley of the Gods is an adventure in itself but it was Monument Valley that took my breath away!   There was a quiet, spiritual feeling about it, an experience to remember.  On Saturday morning in Bluff and Sunday morning in the Valley  of the Gods, you throw into all this a pack hot air balloonist dancing their rainbow of colored balloons across the landscape and Wow!  just Wow!  It was an unplanned "mini-vac" that turned out unbelievably good.  Blue skies, crisp but bright sun against majestic red rock and the decoration of white snow trim was all we two photographers could hope to find!  Tom has already posted some pictures and I hope I can find some to add to the lot. sf

2 comments:

LJH said...

Re the center photo: excellent shot. Notice how the shadow is the image of a man in a short coat. . . . Laurel H.

TOM VAUGHAN & SANDY FEUTZ said...

I was wondering if anyone would catch the shadow. It hit me immediately and I took several pictures from different views. I thought of it as a man in a cape and then as we moved to the other side it seemed to be two people facing each other. It seems that I consistantly find "ghosts",although many times not until I download the pictures, in those type of places. Strange fun! Sandy