Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chaco in Focus

Or out of focus ! 3 days in Chaco and so much to see. Sparse but beautiful wildflowers. And so much more appreciated in the Chaco landscape than when there is a field of them in the La Platas. Tom on top of our rented motor home attempting to get a better shot. Or why was he standing above the "Rent Me" sign? 3 days with good friends , beautiful weather and more ancient ruins and history than one could possibly take in. What a great experience. I caught Tom and Jack in discussion after we had climbed to a high mesa for better viewing and photography. I think the conversation was "How to get Sandy back down this cliff without her having a panic attack." This was the most challenging climb I have ever done and Have I ever told you about my fear of heights??! I did make it down, without incident, or heart attack or panic attack but I think I did have the urge to kiss the flat earth at the bottom. We were greeted by a beautiful sunset and the moon rising above one of Chaco's great houses (Pueblo Bonito). Tom and I spent the day sorting through our digital images and hoping that we have some good material for photo cards or larger prints. I think we do! But then I am a born optimist (That's the only thing that got me down the side of the cliff!) sf

No comments: