Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snow again

Last night's wind died down, and a gentle snowfall continues into the dawn time. There was that muffled silence outside as I walked the dog at 5:30, and it's relatively warm, about 28 degrees.

 Yesterday was tiring, though satisfying. I went to Durango in the morning for my annual audiology checkup ... got my ears set a notch higher. I noticed in the evening that the TV volume was comfortable two clicks lower than it had been. The audiologist told me there's a remote control I can carry on my keychain that can raise and lower the volume on my hearing aids, which might be a nice addition, letting me hear better without having to raise the volume for everyone (it would let me tune out some conversations, too! ;-}).

After a brief visit to a friend in a nursing home in Durango, I dashed back to meet Sandy at SWOS for their "stone soup" potluck. Sandy's sopapilla cheesecake was inhaled by the kids; neither of us got a piece. One of the students made a great pot of vegetarian chile, and the director's kale-and-sausage soup was outstanding. Sandy had a couple of requests for her recipe.

In the afternoon, a neighbor gave us some guidance on how to concentrate and network our computers and printers into the room that we'll use as an office and FeVa Fotos workspace. 

Then it was time to haul out the filo dough. I always make four pans of baklava for the library's Valentine's Day bake sale. It was nice when the last ones were out of the oven and the syrup was drizzled!

There was gorgeous color at sunset, which Sandy got some good shots of. It looked like there was an active volcano just south of the rim of the valley, lighting the clouds above it. tv

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a wonderful trip and a safe return home. My leg has been looked at, proded, scraped and will be cut on next Tuesday. Sorry I missed the mush and will get up your way as soon as I get on the road again. Oh, all is good with me now that I know things are fine...LOL. The pictures here are beautiful. I liked the buildings in Stockton and the sound of a good resturant. Hope to see you guys soon and caht with you when possible..Leon

TOM VAUGHAN & SANDY FEUTZ said...

Good to hear from you ... except for the paring, peeling, scraping part; makes your leg sound like a potato!

'Twas a great time at the races, with beautiful weather and a convivial crowd. But we have that at other times, too, so keep on planning to get this way ... we'll welcome you whenever that is. tv