Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thinking spring



The weather has been nice lately, though down in the 20s at night. Time to think of what will be soon blooming, leafing out, etc.

I took my first WILL class yesterday - Western Institute of Lifelong Learning - it was on landscaping with native plants. Yesterday was slide show and tell; next week we'll actually look at real plants. I took it partly to know more about what's around us, partly to figure out if we can stabilize a crumbling bank behind the house. Looks like lots of options!

WILL also has noon-hour brown-bag lunch programs every Wednesday, so I also went to yesterday's, which was on three Silver City madams ... very popular subject; the room was packed.

There are little still life shots that I'm still discovering around me ... like the grasses in a tub against an adobe wall just up the hill from where we have Meeting on Sunday.

And the African violet blooms in the windowsill above the sink give me joy when they catch the bright morning sun! tv

1 comment: