Monday, November 1, 2010

Times of change



Had an afternoon tour of Mesa Verde today ... 21 folks from England on a train-themed tour. A little unusual in that it was late in the day (that's the bus arriving to pick me up at about 2:45 p.m.) and I got to be with the group from the time they arrived at the park until they left the park.

I first started giving guided tours at Mesa Verde. It was June 1966 ... 44 1/2 years ago. I've "told the story" in other places since then, but it felt good to have Mesa Verde be the site of the last tour I'll probably ever give, and this was it.

'Twas a cool but sunny, very clear late autumn afternoon and the sites were beautiful! The Cliff Palace shot was taken at about 5 p.m. and we're only about six weeks shy of the winter solstice, so it was illuminated almost as fully as it ever gets.

Back to packing tomorrow! tv

No comments: