Friday, February 12, 2010

The weekend's coming

Gotta retire (again) soon!

This week is speeding up and getting hectic. Yesterday, I did a presentation for Dr. Andy Gulliford's class on National Parks at Fort Lewis College in Durango. Fun, but took some preparation and thinking (that's the part that hurts!). On the way over I delivered baklava to the library for today's bake sale and dropped off the MacBook laptop at the computer hospital; I dread the prognosis on the computer, especially since I just replaced the battery and the cord.

Got back just in time to be on duty at Artisans for the Men's night sale ... the only men there were members, but we had a good visit with the editor and each other. Sandy set the place up and then she went to the Mancos on the Move meeting and then went off to a KSJD meeting and I dashed home to eat a couple of hot dogs (my emergency rations) and walk the dog before going to a Mancos Valley Cares meeting. Nice to come home and have a little time with my sweetheart before turning in.

This weekend is the La Plata Paw and we're looking forward to that. First, though, I've gotta get the Jeep's light switch replaced this morning, then we do the visitor center and Sandy has book club at one. This evening, though, should be pure enjoyment ... the Michael Martin Murphey concert in Cortez!

Tomorrow and Sunday we'll be involved with the La Plata Paw, a mushing event that is expected to draw more than 30 participants ... a yippin' good time in the Rockies! There are a number of events and activities associated with that, so I expect we'll be busy taking pictures and helping out. We have a good snow base this year and this is really a great place for winter sports ... I heard last week that 2,200 cross -country skiers had already used the Chicken Creek Cross-country Ski Trail above Mancos this season!

Next week should be quieter ... yah, sure! tv

Today

No comments: