Monday, December 7, 2009

Ye Olde Christmas Village



I told myself it is for the children. But now there are no children in the house or close by. I finally have to admit it is really for me. This year I unwrapped the Christmas Village that had been part of my holiday decorations for many years. It brought back memories of Grandmothers parlor and the little lit houses and victorian figurines that I loved to see there every Christmas. They are aglow and although it is only 4 PM, I am anxiously awaiting the darkness of evening when to see this enchanted village take on a whole new beauty. I don't know why. Maybe ghosts of Christmases past. But it is a special joy to me. It just is. And as the snow gently falls, I sit quietly and enjoy. Merry Christmas to all. Now I can feel it! sf

No comments: