Friday, October 23, 2009

Dawn is coming later

Woke up at 2:30 a.m. with lots on my mind. Gave up and got up at 3:30 a.m. with lots on my mind. Now it's going on 5 a.m., still got lots on my mind, most of it still undone! But I've at least listed the things I need to do ... the main reason for getting up, besides being wide awake, was the fear that my aging brain would forget all those important things to do. Now that I have them written down, I won't forget them ... just ignore them!

Actually, I did get a couple of overdue epistles written to friends ... let them share in my predawn awakeness!

Got a SWOS board workshop at 9 this morning and then we're back to Cortez in the evening for the going-away party for retiring Mesa Verde superintendent Larry Wiese. I think there might be a nap in-between!

The color is starting to fade and fall, but even that is beautiful. Yesterday, as we were driving on South Main in Mancos, the big golden cottonwoods were letting go a shimmering shower of gold flecks! tv

No comments: