Sunday, October 5, 2008

Color Tour V



Well, the old hermit went to his 50th high school class reunion ... and had fun! In part it was thanks to the loving presence and support of his partner, but it was also due to the low pressure atmosphere of the event.

The turnout was daunting. There were, I learned, 170 members of our graduating class (35 more than I thought), and a lot of us showed up, with spouses in many cases. The panorama at top shows the banquet room at Club 64 in Merrill, WI, was crowded. The organizing committee did a nice job!

There were a few classmates that I especially wanted to see ... old pals. Some showed up; some didn't. Sandy got a good picture of me between Jay (on my right) and Roy. Roy and Tom would have looked more like their senior pictures if they didn't have all that extra gray hair on their faces! 

Good event, and us old folks got home early enough to relax and get a good night's sleep in preparation for heading into the wilds of northern Wisconsin and the UP today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really great photos on your site here. I can understand why you love the country around your home.

Can I assume that the picture of the three old guys won't be included in your line of greeting cards?

Jay